Over the last couple of years we have seen the number of weddings at the Guild Church of St Mary Aldermary grow. As a Church of England Guild Church we are able to support those wanting a Church Wedding by what is called a Common License. For those who have been married formally in a Registry Office and are looking to hold a service of blessing of a marriage in a Church, then this is also possible.
If you are looking for a Church to get married in or to hold a service of blessing for a marriage, then please do get in touch as we would love to discuss your needs and see if we can help. Click here for email
We are particularly able to support those who are:
- A regular worshipper at the church.
- Who live or work in the Cordwainers Ward and beyond in the City of London.
- Members of Supportive Livery Companies including the Cordwainers,
- A member of one of the two tank regiments connected with the church
- Employed in one of the office buildings in the vicinity of the church.
- Are a participant or companion to the Moot Community based at St Mary Aldermary.
The main church seating capacity is around 250, but extra seating can be accommodated up to 300. We also have facilities for the production of tea and coffee and snacks, which can be opened for sales if desired.
Note: at least one party to the marriage must be baptised (christened) for the wedding to take place here (please ask for more details if you wish).
So do get in touch if you would like to explore getting married or holding a service of blessing for a marriage Click here for email
For more information and for pictures of the Church with weddings in the last 2 years scan or click on the Link.