What is the season of Lent?
Lent is a six-week period beginning on Ash Wednesday (this year falls on the 5th March until 12th April) before Holy Week and Easter for people to reflect on their lives, spirituality and beliefs.
What is being offering to assist this season of reflection?
– The Church will be open from 9am to 5.30pm Mon to Friday for private prayer and meditation.
– Engage with installation art to be in St Mary Aldermary throughout the season of Lent.
– Why not try out one of our meditation groups Monday Midday and Wednesday at 6.30pm
– Or try out our early morning Taize Chant and meditation time Weds at 8.15am before work
– Contemplative Morning Prayer Monday to Friday 9.30am to 9.55am.
– Contemplative Evening Prayer Mon – Weds 5.30pm.
– Try our two weekly ‘Serum’ spirituality dialogue group that meets upstairs in ‘Ye Olde Watling Pub’ Wednesdays at 7.30pm
– Try our weekly Lent Course Weds 1pm or Evenings at St Mary Le Bow at 6.15pm reflecting on the wording of the ‘Lords Prayer’.
DO SMALL THINGS IN BIG SPACES
Exhibition by Isobel Wohl March 5th – April 11th
In DO SMALL THINGS IN BIG SPACES, Isobel Wohl will use drawing and text to explore the function of the fragmentary and transient in a space dedicated to contemplation of the whole and eternal.
Isobel Wohl lives and works in London and will receive an MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art in 2014.
Dates and times for Events
Ash Weds Service (Ashing) 5.30pm 5th March.
Lunch Time Meditation: Every Mon 12-12.30pm
Evening Meditation: Every Weds 6.30 to 7.15pm
Serum Dialogue Group: Weds March 12th 26th April 9th 23rd at 7.30pm Ye Olde Watling Pub
Lunch Time Lent Course: 1 to 2pm Weds March 12th, 19th, 26th April 2nd 9th
Evening Lent Course at St Mary Le Bow 6.15pm: March 12th, 19th, 26th, April 2nd 9th